How is a natural hairline created?
Some of the key points to creating a natural hairline include the following:
- • Orienting the grafts in the same direction as the native hair.
- • Utilizing only one haired follicular units in the frontal hairline area.
- • Using finer hairs in the anterior (frontal) most hairline.
- • Choosing a density that appears natural. Dr. Keene will help you make choices based on the extent of your hair loss, available donor, and personal preferences.
- • Placing the hairline appropriately on the forehead. There are no set rules that apply. You won’t want the same hairline that you had when you were 18, because that may appear unnatural as you age. But placing the hairline too high will also be a detriment to the outcome. Dr. Keene will give you recommendations and work with your preferences.
- • Creating a nonlinear frontal hairline. If you look closely at anyone’s hairline, you will see that that it is actually irregular in most cases. Rather than a line, it undulates, and peaks. (But even this “rule is variable -Dr. Keene has seen shaved hairlines on a full head of hair in both women and men that show very little irregularity. Variations in preferences and natural characteristics are considered when doctor Keene fills in your new hairline.)